Saturday 16 August 2008

Birthday recap!

It's been a while since I last blogged and so many things happened. Recently, I participated in a workshop 'Sustaining the Culture of Peace through Education'. I had a blast of a time and learnt many valuable lessons and knowledge. I will talk about it in more details after I complete my assignments and presentations which would be roughly around next weekend.

Also, on the 12th August 2008, I turned 18. Though away from home, I felt blessed too. This is greatly thanks to J9. They're a bunch of sweet people. I didn't expect them to get me a chocolate cake from Baker's Cottage (it's quite a famous bakery shop). Guess what they told the dude in the bakery to write in icing on top of the cake?

"To Stalker, Happy Birthday, from the Cheah Family."

Okay, okay, long LONG story, people! Don't ask me. I didn't write THAT story. It was the girls in class who made it up. Apparently, Jie Hui has a wife (Florence) and three mistresses with daughters of their own. I can't remember the entire family tree but trust me, it's superbly SCREWED. Mega weirdness. I'm dubbed the so-called stalker of Jie Hui. (Please, I'm so not. I'm still sanely straight.)

Anyway, I'm still thankful for them bunch of people. They made my birthday a pleasant one.

Oh, and in between our little celebration, I received a phone call. A pizza delivery. I was super shocked. coz the pizza man claimed to be at casa subang and that he was there to deliver the pizzas i ordered. But i did NOT order pizza. heck, I don't even know how to order one. ==

Well, it turned out to be Reening. I would have give him a big slap on the arm if I was in Kuching. Then, I had birthday wishes from him, Luke and Sophia. Thanks, guys! It's good to hear your voices!

Then at night, I went out with my cousin Nick and a few friends (Han Khee, Larry and Lucky) for dinner at Sunway Pyramid, Kim Gary Restaurant. I loved my Cheese Baked Rice with chicken chop. Yummyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Really enjoyed the dinner. ^^

Not forgetting the birthday wishes through smses I received from my family (my bro smsed me like at midnight sharp and my sis 'sang' the birthday song through sms... lols), from old friends including Larry Ellee and Daniel, birthday wishes through the MSN and FB from new friends from the workshop I just mentioned and thanks Albert, for calling me through Skype! ^^

Overall, I'd like to once again thanked everyone who made my birthday memorable even though I am away from home and down with flu. I didn't really look forward to my birthday but I'm glad you guys remembered.

May God bless your many days!

P/S: I edited this post due to persistent polite request. The head of the family is Cheah Cheng Wei. He is the 'father' of Jie Hui who complaints that he has no grandsons.

Oh oh, and!!!! I want to thank Maggie for designing this birthday art for me. Feel so honoured and touched yo!

No comments: