Monday 30 June 2008

Workaholic Dad

After the morning's UEFA Cup finals, I woke up around 10 a.m. despite being able to sleep only around 5 a.m. I would've slept longer if my dad (who's like on a two-weeks-leave) wasn't on his cell phone speaking at the top of his lungs. =.= Heaven knows why he has that awful habit of talking so loudly on the phone.

Anyway, i was summoned/demanded/forced told by my dad to follow him out to have breakfast and then accompany him to do a few errands, including opening my ATM account at his bank, Alliance Bank. I stupidly thought that I'd be at least home by mid-afternoon to have a nap. I should've known, after living with my dad for about 18 years of my life that going out with him means unable to go home for a LONG period of time.

Indeed, after he has completed his errands, I was left stranded in his OFFICE! You did not mistake me when I said he was ON LEAVE. I'm just unfortunate to have a dad who is a bloody WORKAHOLIC! Who on earth besides him would go back to work when you're supposed to be wasting time relaxing and de-stressing??

But thank goodness I brought my MP4 and a P.D. James novel along with me or else I'd have been bored to death! I would've just dropped dead on a sofa and sleep if I weren't so conscious about my dad's colleagues and bank customers around me.

Dad's office upstairs...

Ironically, after creating my ATM account, I was rather ignored by others. I think I would have slept quite comfortably on the sofa.

Lesson 1 - Don't EVER follow Dad out again if it involves his office.
Lesson 2 - Sleep whenever and wherever I want to. To hell with self-consciousness. = =

No comments: