Saturday 31 October 2009

Collapsed bridge in Perak killed three

(I'm doing this post because I was unable to comment on Ian's post due to technical problems. Please click on title to be linked to referred post.)

I think we all have heard about the good bridge in Perak which collapsed. It's official that three children were killed.

When I saw the news on tv, I could only shake my head. It's incredible. I've always that prejudice perception that Malaysian engineers and architects' ability are questionable. This incident evidenced it. It was just built two weeks or so before its collapse.

What happened? The government has a lot of answering to do and the pressure is on. Three count of deaths are never too small a number to be taken into account. If the government does not provide a satisfactory answer now, I'm sure they will eventually have to answer when the next election arrives.

Just to add salt to the wound, the incident was reported on BBC. Now, the whole world can be sure how 'awesome' Malaysian engineers and architects are. While some of you may think I generalise too much and that this is an isolated case, don't feel too offended. If you're Malaysian and a good engineer or architect, I feel bad for you. As the Malay proverb goes, "Nila setitik rosak susu sebelanga."

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

you can;t comment on my blog? ok thanx for the info i'll check it out.