Wednesday 25 February 2009

Hypocrites!

Today is Ash Wednesday. I went to church with Nick, my cousin but that's really not the geist of the story that I am going to tell you. 

See, it was raining throughout the mass and it was still raining after the mass. Being reckless teens as we are, Nick, Howard (a friend) and I ran all the way to the car as we did not bring along any umbrellas. 

When we reached the car, nick opened his car door. Being in a hurry to get into the car, he accidentally slammed his cardoor against the next car's. I didn't notice it until the driver came out of the car and confronted him. 

The Indian man rapped his knuckles against the car's windows furiously. Nick wound down the window.

"What were you trying to do to my car?!" he fumed.

"I'm sorry. Didn't mean to," Nick apologised.

Guess what the fella said next?

"What's wrong with you? Why you wanna hit my car? You just came out of church, man!"

I stared at the man. I was thinking to myself, 'Excuse me? Look who's talking! Nick apologised already and you're the one who should learn to forgive since you mentioned about coming out of church."

Now, I understand it's Nick's fault in the first place but because the man was acting so... not 'Christian-ly' and tried to push the fact that Nick was a bad Christian just because he banged his cardoor is absolutely absurd. 

From my point of view, the man was more at fault for saying such mean things. Hypocrisy!

Seriously, be careful of what comes out from your mouth.

Matthew 12:36-37
"...I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgement for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

[Thanks, Albert. The verse you shared with me, I apply here because it's really applicable. =P]

No comments: