Saturday 20 September 2008

A Day of Charity

On the 23rd of August, I voluntereed to help out in a charity football competition for the children of the poor, namely the Faizal Cup. I know, it's already September and this entry is so late. But whatever... I still want to post some pictures up and show what I did that day.

Besides the football competition which was held outdoor, the organisers (Adidas is one of them, I can't remember the others. ==) also prepared indoor activities. There were a huge range of them. 


I drew that. Yeah, so not even at the amateur level but what the heck. This table is for children who are interested in drawing. I was actually in charged of the origami section but I roamed around a little. XD


This is the games section. The kids would line up to play games. I'm not really sure what this game is... I think you're supposed to throw the bear across the rope or something to win. O.O


Cool eh, the children also get to make their own hand-made bracelets from beads and other accessories. Oh, trust me, it's not only girls. There were boys doing this too. Hehe 


This is one of the most busiest section. The play-dough table. The kids just love this thing. I've no idea why. You get to see all the weird stuff they make. They can roll alien-looking things and claim it to be some kinda.... I don't know... cake????



Ah, my section! Origami! Oh, but I'm hopeless in it. I met a Burmese friend though, named Amos. He is a genius in origami. He told me that he likes it as a hobby anyway. You should have seen how he folded that paper star. I was... awed. How on earth can a human's fingers do something so intricate? Or maybe mine are just too clumsy for these little works. 



I hate clowns. Clowns are frightening. They give children nightmares. Clown-ship should be abolished. I will so move for that motion. ==


Oh!! They gave free haircut too. There was a team of hair stylist from... that profession body that starts with an 'S' and ends with a 'korf'. I can't remember the spelling nor pronounce it. Sorry. 


The outdoor activities...


More board games....

Well, overall, I think it was a great effort to bring joy to the less unfortunate. It's like... the world is showing a little more love for one another. I think more of this activities should be organised. It's really nice to see kids smiling and just being happy. 

Which reminds me... I miss my Sunday School kids a lot!!! 

No comments: