Sunday 30 November 2008

Introducing my new idol... 黃靖倫 Huang Jing Lun!



Name: 黃靖倫 Huang Jing Lun
D.O.B: 23.07.1983
Nationality: Singaporean
Height: 173 cm
Weight: Approximately 63kg
Education: 2nd Year Undergraduate at 
Singapore Institute of Management (University of London) 
Faculty of Finance & Economics
Interests: Soccer, singing

Before you roll your eyes at me and think to yourself 'there she goes again' (Yes, Sophia, I especially mean you), let me explain to you why.

First of all, I didn't fall for JL because of his looks first. I fell for his voice first. ^o^ This calls for a brief introduction about JL.



I knew him from One Million Star 超級星光大道3 Season 3, a Taiwan-based singing competition. He was a contestant for that competition. No, I didn't 'chase' after that show on purpose. I was surfing for videos on Youtube and I just happen to come across an episode of XGB3 with him in it, singing. His voice is unique, almost feminine. He is deemed to be able to sing four keys higher than an average lady without using falsetto. My favourite song he sang in OMS3 is Bu Zhi De 不值得.He sang it with Rachel Liang from OMS2. I love the song ever since. XD

 Rachel Liang and Jing Lun ^^

Then, I fell for his not-your-average-sense-of-humour. He speaks in a manner that sometimes makes you think that he's a real dreamer; airy-like voice, slightly toneless. For the first time of my life, I find Chinese proverbs interesting. That's because he never fails to use proverbs whenever he speaks. XD Almost every episode (I noticed this later when I decided that I wanted to watch the whole season because of him), he would be asked by the MC, Tao Zi to mimic a famous person. Let me tell you, if you ever feel down and low, watch a video with him in it, you will laugh. =)

Amazingly, JL is not good in dancing. He is bad with body coordination. He normally avoids fast beat songs too as he preferably sings slow serenades. And throughout the competition, JL discovered his crippling weakness: his tempo is slower than others. Once, he was forced to play the drums and that episode exposed clearly that he has a problem with tempo. For singers, that can be troublesome and frustrating.

But throughout the competition, he perservered. In fact, there are times he proved that a person who can't dance like... hmm... TVXQ (my ultimate favourite Korean boy band) or Suju can still sing and captivate the hearts of people and there are times he proved that a person who has a problem with tempo can still sing a song to near perfection. His hardwork really impressed me and inspired me. (I'm thinking if he can do it, so can I, as in my issue with Math.)

Besides that, JL is an obedient son who loves his parents. He is well mannered and polite. Even when Yuan Wei Ren criticised him hurtfully and offensively (seriously!), he kept a calm mind. He even rationalised his scoldings and still managed to be grateful (he expressed his thoughts after the recording of that episode in his blog later on). Now, how many of us can do that? I know my hot temper certainly would fail me at the point if I were in his shoes. 

After I realised what a great personality JL has and how much I am to learn from him, I saw how good-looking he was. There are many other singers/actors who look much more charming or handsome than him, but it is his voice and personality which primarily lead me to acknowledge and enshrine him as one of my favourite singers. =)

Recently, JL released his debut album called 伦语录 (Lun Yu Lu). I'm waiting for the local music stores in Malaysia to start selling his album. Yes, I have actually decided to buy the original thing. Lolz! This shows how much I love his voice.

If you've never heard him sing, please do try. Go look him up in Youtube or something. After that, if you like him, please support him by buying his album - the original CD. =) You may not be able to appreciate his voice immediately, it may take a little getting used to. But trust me, it's a blessing if you can love such a voice. It's one in a million. Hehe

4 comments:

Samuel K Lis said...

at first i thought he looked a bit like you.. haha!! but i haven't seen you for some time so i have no idea how you look like now.

Yamashita Reina said...

I don't know whether to laugh or not. XD

Daniel Chong said...

er i was just going to comment the SAME thing Samuel commented... but he already did lol!!


He seriously looks like u in the cap... like when u put on a cap too... =P

No wonder girls fall for u when ur in a cap...

Yamashita Reina said...

Oi~!!!!!!!!

He looks like me mehhhhhh~~

Maybe it's because of the bug teeth. XD